- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries
For the icing:
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsps Orange juice
- Cream the butter with the sugar with a mixer in a bowl on high speed until pale in color.
- Add the eggs one at time, incorporating fully.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla and orange zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add to the mixture, whisk until evenly combined, do-not over whisk.
- Fold in the cranberries until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan that has either parchment paper or has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320°F for 45-60 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after 45 min.
- Once cooled, make the glaze/icing by mixing the sugar, milk and orange juice.
- Pour or spread the glaze over the cooled pound cake.
- Serving Size: 1