Cranberries are the quintessential food that alerts our taste buds that it’s the holidays. And no two flavors go better together than cranberries and oranges.
This cranberry orange pound cake is a must for Christmas morning. It can be made ahead of time and sliced just before serving (after opening gifts of course!)
Even better, why not leave a slice for Santa on Christmas Eve? I’m sure he’d appreciate it.Print
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Orange zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 ¼ Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Cranberries
For the icing:
- ½ Cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsps Orange juice
- Cream the butter with the sugar with a mixer in a bowl on high speed until pale in color.
- Add the eggs one at time, incorporating fully.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla and orange zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl. Add to the mixture, whisk until evenly combined, do-not over whisk.
- Fold in the cranberries until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan that has either parchment paper or has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 320°F for 45-60 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after 45 min.
- Once cooled, make the glaze/icing by mixing the sugar, milk and orange juice.
- Pour or spread the glaze over the cooled pound cake.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!