An inexpensive way to make your guests feel like you’ve spent a million bucks! Imitation crab meat is combined with spices, onions, celery, mayo and a surprise twist .. Ranch dressing for an appetizer that is sure to please!
Call this seafood salad meets a baked mini Phyllo cup.
Imitation Crab meat is a great way to incorporate the seafood flair into your party without breaking the bank. And again, to stretch the dollar even further, we used mini phyllo cups.
This appetizer has a nice light and airy feel to it. Great for outdoor events just beware this recipe does call for mayo as well as Ranch dressing so be sensitive to the outdoor heat and sun with any food containing mayo.
The Old Bay Seasoning along with the dill brings out that seafood taste everyone will love!
Note: Each package of mini phyllo cups yields 15. This recipes will serve at least 30 mini cups so you will need to purchase 2 packages of phyllo cups.Print
Simple Cold Seafood Salad Mini Phyllo Bites
- Yield: 30 mini seafood bites 1x
- 1 pkg imitation crab meat, cut up into small chunks (or processed in a food processor
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 1–2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste (⅛ tsp or less of salt is recommended)
- 1 pkg mini phyllo shells
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bake the phyllo shells according to directions.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon filling into each shell.
- Place on a platter and sprinkle with dill and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serving Size: 1