The title may be long but don’t let that fool you. These bite size cups pack a punch with cream cheese that has been mixed with brown sugar, honey, walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon and dried cranberries and a drizzle of maple syrup on top!
These bite sized appetizers come together literally in minutes. Mini phyllo shells take just 8 minutes to heat up in the oven. As they are heating, no time is wasted as cream cheese is mixed with honey, brown sugar, walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon and Craisins (dried cranberries).
These cream cheese bites can be served cold, room temperature, warm or hot.
But …. popping them in the microwave for a just a few seconds before serving will result in a delicious creamy warm filling that is simply irresistible !
Don’t say we didn’t warn you!Print
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 oz. crushed walnuts (glazed is a great option!)
- ½ cup Craisins
- syrup for drizzling
- Place the softened cream cheese in a bowl and flatten with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until combined.
- Bake the phyllo shells according to directions.
- Fill the shells immediately while warm and the cream cheese will soften. (Placing the filled shells into the microwave for a few seconds will result in an even creamier and warm filling),
- Serving Size: 1