Your guests will be singing the Star Spangled Banner after getting a bite of this delicious 4th of July Fruit Pizza with a surprise crust!
- 1 Tube Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 2 (8 oz) Pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Optional: Milk, vanilla extract
- 1 Pint Strawberries, sliced
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- Spread the crescent roll onto a baking sheet keeping it together. Press lightly on the seams. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the cream cheese(s) to a large mixing bowl and cream until smooth and fluffy. Slowly sift in the powdered sugar (and a dash of salt, Tbsp of milk and a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, if desired). Beat until the mixture is completely combined.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese frosting on to the crescent rolls. Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of the cream cheese into a small Ziploc bag pressing it all the way into the corner. Spoon the rest of the cream cheese mixture into a piping (or Ziploc) bag with a large star tip.
- Place 5 blueberries in the top left corner going across and 4 rows down. Place the sliced strawberries in a row going across leaving a space in between each row.
- Pick up the small Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner and pipe a small dollup of cream cheese in between the blueberries.
- Pick up the larger piping bag and frost a larger star shape under each row of strawberries following the same pattern across the crescent crust.