- 12 Organic Asparagus Spears, slightly trimmed and peeled
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- 4 oz. Garlic and Herb Cheese (try Boursin found in the cheese section of your market)
- olive oil to coat
- Balsamic Glaze to drizzle
- Begin by cutting about 1/2″ off the bottom of the asparagus or any unsightly trunks. Blanch the asparagus by boiling it in a large skillet over high heat in enough water to cover it by 1″. Boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove the asparagus and immediately plunge in ice water. Dry with paper towels.
- Spread a thin layer of softened (room temperature) cheese over the slices of prosciutto (this can get messy so start with a little and add as you go).
- Bundle 3 asparagus spears together and wrap with the prosciutto like a candy cane or on an angle twisting up as you go.
- Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray and brush the exposed asparagus with a little olive oil. This will help prevent them from drying out while cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 F on the middle rack. They are done when a fork just pierces thru the thickest part of the asparagus. Be careful not to overcook.
- Place on a platter and lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
- These can be served, hot, room temperature or cold.
- Serving Size: 1