- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Lemon Flavored Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, the sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Make the simple syrup by combing the lemon juice and sugar in a microwave safe dish and heat on high for 30 seconds.
- Make the glaze by combining the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the loaf pan for a few minutes, then poke holes all around with a toothpick. Pour the lemon simple syrup all over the cake.
- Carefully transfer the loaf to a rack that’s placed over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon glaze over the cake and allow it to soak in.
- Let the cake cool COMPLETELY before sprinkling some powdered sugar over the top.
- Serving Size: 1