- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 ounce green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons Peppermint extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons white frosting
- 1 pound white candy melts or almond bark
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Stir in the green food coloring.
- Bake the cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to time and temperature on the package.
- Let the cake cool completely, then break apart and crumble until fine crumbs form.
- Stir in the frosting until a dough forms. If the dough seems dry, you can add additional frosting, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Roll the cake mixture into Tablespoon-sized balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the white candy in a bowl in the microwave, heating for 30-second increments or until completely smooth.
- Place each cake ball on a fork and use a spoon to pour the candy melts over the cake ball. Tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess candy melt.
- Place the ball on a parchment-lined sheet pan and top with sprinkles if desired.
- Repeat with remaining cake balls and candy melts.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Serving Size: 1