- 3 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 Cup Condensed milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter, cut into pieces and softened
FOR THE EGG WASH:
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Water
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, softened
TO MAKE THE DOUGH:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- On slow speed, add the egg, milk, condensed milk to the bowl and mix until cohesive dough starts to form, about 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Increase the speed to medium-low, add butter, one piece at a time, and mix until butter is fully incorporated. Continue to mix the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
- Start kneading the dough with your hand. Use your fingertips and gently lift and fold edge of the dough that’s farthest away from you toward the middle. Turn the dough 90 degrees and fold again. Repeat the process of turning and folding the dough until the it forms a smooth round dough, approximately 30 to 45 seconds.
TO PROOF THE DOUGH:
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl large enough to allow it room to rise. Cover it with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place in the kitchen to rise for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Grease a baking loaf pan with a little butter or cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- Punch the dough down to deflate it then transfer it to a lightly floured surface.
- Firmly roll the dough into a square or rectangle by using a rolling pin. Make sure the length of the dough should not exceed the length of the baking pan. Tuck the sides under and pinch the seams tightly at the ends.
- Use a serrated knife to cut cylinder into pieces with equal thickness.
- Arrange the dough seam side down into your baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and let them rise until doubled in size, approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
TO BAKE THE DOUGH:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and lightly brush the rolls with egg wash mixture.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown, approximately 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the baking pan halfway through the process.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients of glaze mixture together until smooth.
- When the rolls are done baking, brush the top with glaze and let them cool down before serving.
- Serving Size: 1