- 12 Bratwurst
- 1 bottle Amber, Lager or IPA beer
- 1 lb. Sauerkraut
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Large White Onion, cut in ringlets
- Layer the sliced onions in the bottom of an aluminum tray. Layer the sauerkraut on top.
- Place the uncooked brats on top.
- Combine the beer and mustard in a small bowl and add it to the pan, enough to cover the brats. Add any additional onion slices to the top of brats.
- Place the plan on the grill over high heat. As soon as the beer comes to a simmer, cover the pan with foil and move to the cooler side of the grill. Do NOT boil. Allow the brats to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until they reach a temperature of 145°F.
- After the brats have cooked, use tongs and remove from the pan and directly on grill grates, turning occasionally until crisp and brown.
- Place on a bun with condiments or return to pan with onions/sauerkraut.
- Serving Size: 1