A dip so packed with flavor it should come with a warning label!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of processed cheese (Velvetta), cubed
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- A handful of green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Break it up into crumbles as it cooks. Drain any excess grease.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the cubed processed cheese and cream cheese. Stir continuously until the cheeses have melted and created a smooth and creamy base.
- Sprinkle in the packet of taco seasoning, along with the chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Adjust the amounts to your desired level of spiciness. Stir well to incorporate the seasonings evenly.
- Pour in the can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) and mix it all together.
- Stir in the sour cream until it’s well incorporated, adding a luscious texture to the dip.
- Toss in the rinsed and drained black beans and give it a good stir. They’ll add a nice contrasting texture and earthy flavor to our beefy queso dip.
- Let the dip simmer gently over low heat for a few more minutes, allowing all the flavors to meld together into a heavenly concoction. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the dip is hot and bubbly, it’s time to serve it up! Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with a generous sprinkle of sliced green onions.