- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, can use more or less depending on how sweet you want it
- 1 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1–2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Cup strongly brewed coffee or 2 espresso shots
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a medium saucepan, add the pumpkin puree and spices. Cook over low/medium heat stirring until the spices become fragrant. Add the sugar. Cook and stir a minute more until bubbly.
- Slowly add the milk and heat until hot. Add the vanilla and espresso (or coffee).
- Heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Divide into serving mugs and top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
To make up to 14 lattes:
1 Can pumpkin puree
1 Cup sugar
4 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (Or 3 Tbs. cinnamon, 2 tsp. ginger, 2 tsp. nutmeg, 1 ½ tsp. allspice, 1 ½ tsp. cloves)
Up to 1 bottle vanilla extract depending on taste
Put the entire can of pumpkin in a small saucepan and heat through. Stir often to prevent burning. Add the spices. Add the sugar and vanilla. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To make a latte, add 2 Tbsp of the cooked pumpkin to 4-6 oz of milk and 2-4 oz of coffee. For a warm latte, heat through. For a cold latte, add the mixture to a blender with some ice.
- Serving Size: 1