The Whiskey Sour officially dates back to the 1860s as water was not always dependable, so to combat that, spirits were often used. Scurvy, too, was another danger on these journeys, so lemons and limes were consumed to help prevent the disease.
When it comes to the official record, there are three main components for the original Whiskey Sour.
- white sugar dissolved in a little water
- The juice of half a small lemon
- Bourbon or rye whiskey
This Whiskey Sour recipe adds on to that basic principle by adding some orange juice, water and club soda for a refreshing, light and bubbly drink.Print
Whiskey Sour Punch
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 cup water
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 Cups Whiskey
- Club Soda
- Sliced lemons, oranges, limes or cherries
- Prepare the simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low/medium heat. Allow it to come to a boil and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the simple syrup in a pitcher. Stir in the orange juice, water, lime juice and whiskey.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill a cocktail glass with icecubes, fill with the punch and top off with club soda and garnish.
- Serving Size: 1
paulineJanuary 17, 2023 at 8:45 am