Prepare to have your taste buds taken on a wild ride with this extraordinary Meatball Sub Recipe. SPF’s Meatball Mania is not your average sub – it’s a culinary adventure that elevates the traditional flavors to new heights. Imagine sinking your teeth into succulent meatballs made with a blend of ground beef and pork, perfectly seasoned with a medley of herbs and spices.
These flavor-packed meatballs nestle within a warm, crusty roll, creating the ultimate texture contrast. With each bite, you’ll savor the mouthwatering combination of juicy meat, hints of garlic, and the delightful interplay of spices. Topped with a generous spoonful of tangy marinara sauce and melty cheese, this sub is a taste explosion that will leave you craving more.
HOW TO MAKE THIS MEATBALL SUB-A-LICIOUS SANDWICH
- First things first, we need to whip up a batch of my mouthwatering baked meatballs. These babies are a labor of love, made with a combination of ground beef and pork for that perfect balance of flavors. But here’s the secret ingredient that takes them to the next level: a medley of herbs and spices. Think oregano, basil, parsley, and a touch of garlic for that irresistible aroma. And the best part? We bake them in the oven until they’re beautifully browned and cooked to perfection.
- Once the meatballs are ready, it’s time to assemble our subs. Grab a soft roll, preferably a sturdy baguette or a hoagie roll that can hold up to the glorious fillings. Cut it open lengthwise, creating a cozy pocket for our meatball masterpiece. Grab some garlic butter from the supermarket and spread some on both sides.
- Now, let’s add a generous spoonful of tangy marinara sauce. Don’t be shy; we want every bite to be drenched in that saucy goodness. Next up, it’s time to introduce the stars of the show – those delectable baked meatballs. Nestle them snugly into the sauce, ensuring that each bite is bursting with flavor.
- But hold on, we’re not stopping there! We need to top this creation with a blanket of melty cheese. Provolone, mozzarella, or even a mix of both will work wonders here. Pop that sub in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese turns into a luscious, gooey heaven.
- Once out of the oven, it’s time to add some finishing touches. A sprinkle of fresh herbs like basil or parsley will elevate the flavor and add a pop of color. And for those who like it spicy, feel free to toss in some pickled jalapeños or red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
Now, get ready to sink your teeth into this symphony of flavors. The combination of the tender meatballs, tangy marinara, and melty cheese, all nestled in that soft roll, is simply irresistible. Every bite will transport you to meatball sub nirvana.
So, gather your friends, fire up the ovens, and let’s indulge in the awesomeness that is Matty’s Meatball Subs. These subs are perfect for a game day feast, a casual get-together, or simply a well-deserved treat for yourself.
Enjoy the meatball madness, my friends!Print
- SIMPLE Flavor-Bursting Meatballs
- Hoagie/sub rolls
- Marinara sauce
- Sliced provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Sliced onions and bell peppers (optional)
- Fresh basil or parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Warm up the Matty’s Flavor-Bursting Meatballs in a skillet over medium heat with a splash of marinara sauce. Cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the meatballs are warming up, prepare your sub rolls. Cut them open lengthwise, creating a pocket to hold all the delicious fillings.
- Spread a generous amount of marinara sauce on one side of the sub roll.
- Fill the sub roll with a layer of the warmed meatballs. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce on top of the meatballs.
- If using, layer the sautéed onions and bell peppers on top of the meatballs.
- Finish it off with slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese, creating a cheesy blanket over the meatballs.
- Place the prepared meatball subs on a baking sheet and pop them in the preheated oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is gooey and bubbly.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle some fresh basil or parsley on top for an added burst of freshness.