Yum Yum sauce, also known as white sauce or shrimp sauce, is a popular condiment often served in Japanese hibachi-style restaurants. It’s a creamy and slightly sweet sauce with a mild tangy flavor.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, white sugar, and rice vinegar. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the melted butter, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, tomato paste, and cayenne pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, and additional cayenne pepper if you want it spicier.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it out by adding a little water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Refrigerate the Yum Yum sauce for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for grilled meats, seafood, vegetables, or sushi rolls.
The number of servings for Yum Yum sauce can vary depending on how generously you use it. Typically, this recipe makes approximately 1 to 1.5 cups of sauce, which is enough for about 8 to 12 servings as a dipping sauce or drizzle. If you’re using it as a condiment, it can stretch even further. Adjust the quantity based on your needs.
- Serving Size: 1 (based on a yield of 10)
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 4.3 gr
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Fat: 14.7 gr
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 gr
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 gr
- Fiber: 0.1 gr
- Protein: 0.1 gr
- Cholesterol: 13.4 mg