These simple. yet fun and festive, Jello cups have a middle layer of booze in them resembling a Jello shot, but bigger and topped with whipped cream!
- 3 Packages Green Jello (lime or apple)
- 1 (8 oz) package Cool whip
- 6 Cups water (3 cups boiling, 2 cups cold)
- 3/4 Cup Vodka (lime flavored works well)
- Combine one package of Jello with one cup of boiling water in a large bowl. Whisk until the jello has fully melted. Whisk in one cup of cold water. Carefully pour the mixture into your serving cups, filling each one about ¼ of the way full. Transfer the cups to the fridge until they have fully set, approx. 2 hours.
- Once the first layer has set, combine another package of Jello with only 1/4 – 1/2 cup of boiling water PLUS the flavored vodka. Whisk until combined. Add one cup of cold water and half of the cool whip (4 ounces). Whisk until combined. Carefully pour the Jello over the first layer, filling the cup up to ½ full. Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill for another 2 hours.
- Once the second layer has set, place the last package of Jello in a large bowl and whisk in one cup of boiling water. Once the Jello has dissolved, whisk in the last cup of cold water. Carefully pour the Jello into the cups, filling them about ¾ of the way full. Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill for another 2 hours.
- Before serving, top the Jello cups with the remaining cool whip and garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Serve chilled. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.