Like S’mores? Well who doesn’t, right? Well what if we told you that you could have this delicious little treat any time of the year? What if we told you that you can also have it without all the mess? Or the need to build a fire?
Ladies and Gents it is our great honor to introduce you to the marriage of the basic rice krispie treat and a S’more.
These S’more Rice Krispie Treats have a delicious blend of rice krispies, graham crackers, mini marshmallows and chocolate.
These treats can be made in mere minutes making them a great snack to whip up at the last minute for the next potluck, neighborhood block party or impromptu sleepover your kids ambush you with at 6:45 on a Friday night.
Even better, is they can be frozen. Simply cut them in squares (or not) before the mini marshmallows and chocolate are put on top. When ready to serve, remove them from the freezer and follow steps 8 and 9 in the recipe.
If you still want to kick these treats up a notch, try adding a little peanut butter or broken up Reese’s cups or drizzle them with butterscotch after they’ve been broiled.Print
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 bag (12 oz) regular size marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows for topping
- 5–6 chocolate bars plus some for topping
- Generously coat 13×9 baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray (you can use a 9×9 pan for thicker S’mores).
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and graham cracker crumbs.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and regular size marshmallows over low heat until completely melted.
- Pour the butter over the cereal mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir gently to combine.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking pan and let it cool completely.
- Once cool, heat the oven to broil.
- Add mini marshmallows on top and broil for 2 or 3 minutes until they are toasted.
- Add pieces of chocolate bar between the marshmallows, allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Serving Size: 1