- 1 1/2 – 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 4 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Pkg Frozen Mixed Veggies (Corn, Carrots and Green Beans)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Stock or Broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4–6 Oz shredded cheese of choice
- Mashed Potatoes, lots of ’em
- Turn the broiler on to 500° F
- Add the oil to a large skillet and when hot, add the onion and saute until it becomes translucent (about 4-5 min). Season with salt and pepper. Keep the flame on low so the onion doesn’t brown.
- Add the garlic and thyme stir it around with the onion for about 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook through, breaking up with a fork as it cooks. Drain if necessary.
- Sprinkle the flour all around and cook for 1 minute. Add the ketchup, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 -10 minutes or until the gravy thickens a bit.
- Pour the beef mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and layer the vegetables on top of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Top with the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly and covering all the meat and cheese.
- Place the dish under the broiler until the potatoes get a nice crust on top and turn golden brown. This could take up to 5-10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1