It’s the most romantic time of the year. And what better dessert to give your loved one than a red velvet cupcake all decorated for Valentines day?
Don’t have time to make a whole red velvet cake? Not a problem. Impress your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend by making these creamy red velvet cupcakes that are too cute to even eat!
Just whisk together the ingredients listed below, pour the batter into come red cupcake liners, and bake for 15 minutes. Once they cool off, top them with some creamy cheese frosting and few pink/red sprinkles. Who can resist a cupcake in those heart shaped liners?
Red velvet cupcakes pair very well with a nice glass of Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Noir, which bring out the decadent chocolate undertones in this velvety dessert.
Festive and creamy, this crimson-colored treat is sure to be a hit with every generation!Print
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- Holiday Sprinkles
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 (8 oz) Package Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) unsalted Butter, softened
- 3–4 Cups Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1–2 teaspoons Clear Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place liners in cupcake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add the desired amount of food coloring and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk until well combined.
- Add the water and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and baking soda, add to batter and mix well.
- Divide into cupcake liners and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING:
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, and beat until smooth.
- Add in the butter, and beat butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing in between each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes either by using a butter knife, pastry spatula or a pastry bag with tip.
- Finish with colorful holiday sprinkles.
- Serving Size: 1
LOOKING FOR MORE VALENTINE TREATS?
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!