Who needs the hassle of homemade crust? Our Lazy Pumpkin Pie keeps it simple with a store bought crust, canned pumpkin, spices and a dash of Thanksgiving spirit!
- 1 9-inch Unbaked Store bought Pie Crust
- 1 15-oz. Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 12-oz. Can of Evaporated Milk
- Preheat and Prep: Begin by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C). If you’re feeling Martha Stewart-ish, you can make your own pie crust, we won’t judge. Otherwise, simply take it out of its packaging and slap it into a pie dish. No need to fuss – we’re all about simplifying things here.
- Mix It Like You Mean It: In a roomy mixing bowl, toss in the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Mix it up like you’re doing the cha-cha until everything is smoothly combined.
- Egg-citement: Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and give them a little whisk. Pour them into the pumpkin party and stir until the whole gang is getting along famously.
- Milky Way: Slowly pour in the evaporated milk while continuing to stir. Keep at it until everything is harmoniously blended. It should look like a creamy, autumnal dream.
- Fill ‘Er Up: Pour this luscious concoction into your pie crust. If you’re feeling extra fancy, dust the top with a bit more cinnamon. It’s like the finishing touch on a work of art, except this masterpiece is edible.
- Bake It Like You Mean It: Pop that beauty into the preheated oven for 15 minutes at 425°F (220°C). This helps set the crust and gives it that golden glow.
- Chill Mode: After the initial 15 minutes of fame, lower the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and let your pie bake for another 40-50 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It’s like magic, only tastier.
- Cool Beans: Once your pumpkin pie has had its moment in the spotlight, let it cool on a wire rack. This is the hard part – resisting the urge to dive in face-first.
- Serve and Savor: When it’s finally time to serve, add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream because, let’s face it, you deserve it. Savor each bite of this spiced slice of heaven.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 320-350
- Sugar: 32-38 gr
- Sodium: 300-350 mg
- Fat: 12-15 gr
- Saturated Fat: 5-6 gr
- Carbohydrates: 48-55 gr
- Fiber: 2-3 gr
- Protein: 6-8 gr
- Cholesterol: 60-70 mg