FOR THE PRETZELS:
- (2) Cans Refrigerated Homestyle Biscuits 8ct. each
- 8 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
- Melted Butter
- Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Tablespoon Water
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard (not the grainy kind)
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- Begin by heating up 8 cups of water in a large stockpot.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grease the inside a bundt pan and sprinkle generously with COARSE sea salt. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE PRETZELS:
- Cut each biscuit in quarters, then roll into a ball. Set aside on the baking sheet. Use a knife to carve an “X” in each ball. There will be 64 balls in total.
- Once the water is boiling and all the pretzel balls are rolled, take the water off the heat and add the baking soda. Be careful it WILL rapidly foam. Place the water back on the heat and gently add 10-15 of the pretzel balls. Boil for 1 minute, gently moving with a large spoon or wire mesh skimmer.
- Remove the pretzel balls with a slotted spoon banging the excess water off. Scatter the balls in the bundt pan. They will be very mushy. Brush lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt. Repeat this process until all the balls have been boiled, moving up the sides of the bundt pan. Finish with egg wash and more salt.
- Cook the pretzels on the UPPER middle shelf for approximately 28-30 minutes checking often to see if the sides or bottom are burning. If the insides are still doughy, continue to cook checking every 2-5 minutes, covering the top with aluminum foil if they get too dark.
- When done, use a butter knife to gently pull the pretzels away from the pan and cool completely. Flip over to a large plate or platter and serve with honey mustard sauce or cheese sauce in the middle.
- Serving Size: 1