This simple, NO BAKE chocolate éclair cake has all the flavors you expect when you bite into an éclair. The chocolate topping, creamy filling, all in a perfect cake form can easily feed a crowd. Best part? The prep time is super short and it literally takes no time to make!
Why This Recipe Works
The traditional eclair is a French pastry made with choux dough. That dough is then filled with cream and topped with icing. You’ll most likely see them in a bakery as the oblong-shaped pastry with chocolate icing on top.
Whether you’re a true baker at heart or not, this no-bake cake recipe takes the best of all the traditional eclair parts and conveniently puts them into something even your kids can help make. And it turns out to be just as delicious. The only thing baking about this recipe is the baking dish used to combine all the ingredients!
Skip the Dough
This recipe allows you to skip creating the choux dough and use something just as filling and with a bit more flavor – graham crackers. These are a prized possession by kids and adults alike and their cracker form makes them perfect for recipes like this.
Instant Pudding Filling Instead of Cream
Back to the tradition, eclairs are typically filled with a cream that is a thick custard. Making this from scratch means combining milk, egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, and butter. But when you’re looking for simple and quick, using a pudding mix makes things much easier.
Instant vanilla pudding, whipped topping, and whole milk will yield the same custard-like results but with a fraction of the ingredients and less amount of time. It’s a win-win!
3-Ingredient Chocolate Glaze
If the cream filling and “dough” parts of this recipe weren’t easy enough… this glaze will definitely be. It’s made of melted semisweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, and light corn syrup. These are combined and conveniently warmed in the microwave and cooled before being added to the top of the eclair cake.
Simple No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
This cake starts with a layer of graham crackers, then it is topped with a beautiful thick rich layer of instant vanilla pudding mix and whipped cream (cool whip). This deliciousness gets layered again before it is finally topped off with a decadent chocolate frosting.
Pop the finished masterpiece into the refrigerator and let it chill for about 8 hours. Then enjoy! This is one of those desserts you can serve along with milk, extra cool whip, or even some extra chocolate chips sprinkled on top.
Variations to Consider
If you’re looking to change things up a bit, start with the kind of pudding you use. Instead of plain vanilla, opt-in for French vanilla pudding. For an added fill, add an additional top layer of graham crackers before adding the chocolate topping.
Overall, this cake is delicious and addictive. Be prepared to make more! And let us know if you gave this recipe a try!Print
This easy NO BAKE chocolate éclair cake has all the flavors you expect when you bite into an éclair but in a sinfully delicious cake!
FOR THE PUDDING FILLING:
- 2 (3.5 oz) packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz.) container of whipped topping (COOL WHIP), thawed
- 3 cups whole milk
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 5 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 package of graham cracker squares
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mix and milk according to the pie instructions on the box. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until incorporated.
- In an 9 x 13 baking dish, arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares on the bottom.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture on top of the crackers.
- Layer another layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture.
- Then layer the other half of the pudding mixture on top of crackers.
- Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- Add the chocolate chips, heavy cream and corn syrup to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1-2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Let glaze cool in the refrigerator for 5 minutes then pour evenly over the graham crackers.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and let chill for 8 hours before serving.
MORE FAVORITE DESSERT RECIPES:
- SIMPLE Raspberry Filled Molten Lava Cake
- SIMPLE Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- SIMPLE Everyday Chocolate Cake