Make the most of your St. Patrick’s Day this year! Mint cookie truffles are one of the easiest desserts, ever – and they can be made with Girl Scout Cookies. Does it get any better than that?
They have the lovely texture of a truffle inside with a cool, delicious minty flavor from those over the top addictive cookies.
How to Make mint cookie truffles:
- Pulse the mint chocolate cookies (hopefully, Girl Scout cookies – let’s support them!) in a food processor and pour the crumbs into a large bowl. (Try not to eat them first!!)
- Add the cream cheese and mix.
- Roll the dough into small balls and freeze.
- Dip the hardened truffles into melted chocolate and green-colored chocolate.
- Decorate with fun stripes using a pastry bag or green sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day.
These mint cookie truffles are almost too easy to make. You’re going to love these little bites of Irish-inspired decadence! This recipe yields between 25-30 truffles so feel free to double the recipe to share some of the love this St. Patrick’s day with your fellow neighbors and family.
These St. Patrick minty truffles almost don’t need a recipe. The base begins with minty packaged cookies (hopefully Girl Scout) and ends in a delicious layer of chocolate and sprinkles.
- 1 (15 oz) package Mint Cookies
- 1 (8oz) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups melted Almond Bark
- Green sprinkles
- Green candy melts
- In a food processor blend the mint cookies until crumb consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (or your hands) scoop out and roll into small balls.
- Place on a parchment lined tray and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium side bowl melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and, dip them into the melted chocolate using a fork. Allow the excess to drip off.
- Place the truffle on a parchment lined tray and repeat until done.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
LOOKING FOR MORE ST. PATRICKS RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!