This ice cream cake may look fancy but it’s super simple to make.
Vanilla ice cream sandwiches are layered in a loaf pan that has been lined with aluminum foil. A big fat layer of mint chocolate chip ice cream goes on top. And it gets repeated with 5 more ice cream sandwiches and more ice cream.
If that weren’t enough for you, crushed Oreo cookies are sprinkled on top. Want to get real fancy? Try crushing up MINT Oreo cookies or Thin Mints for an even minty-er flavor.
Wrap the cake up very lightly using the overhanging foil and freeze until ready to serve.
When you are ready to serve the cake, you can serve it with the crunchies on the top or invert it and they will act as a crust on the bottom.
But just don’t forget to drizzle that warm hot fudge all over the top!
SIMPLE Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream Sandwich Cake
- 10 Vanilla ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (1.5 qt) Mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- Hot Fudge
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with heavy foil, letting it hang over on each side.
- Fit 5 sandwiches on bottom of pan. They should be snug.
- Spread a layer of ice cream over-top of sandwiches, about 1-1 ½? thick.
- Fit remaining 5 sandwiches over ice-cream.
- Spread 2nd layer of ice cream over sandwiches.
- Cover ice-cream with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert cake onto plate or platter and drizzle with hot fudge.
- Serving Size: 1
WANT MORE MINT RECIPES FOR ST PATRICKS DAY?
Try this Shamrock Shake or these individual Mint Cheesecake Cups
DebraSeptember 19, 2020 at 7:05 pm
Now THAT looks amazing!!!