When life serves you lemons, make mac and cheese – because who needs lemonade when you’ve got creamy, dreamy goodness in a bowl?
- 5 Cups Macaroni
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 All Purpose Flour
- 5 Cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepepr
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large pot, bring generously salted water to a rolling boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook until they’re tender. Drain them and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, warm the milk and cream in the microwave, making sure not to boil them.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the flour, creating a roux, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the warmed milk mixture.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese to the sauce, continuously whisking until it’s fully melted and well combined.
- Stir in the sour cream, followed by the dry mustard, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add the drained macaroni to the creamy sauce, mixing until they are fully coated. Transfer the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the macaroni.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the mac and cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 450-460
- Sodium: variable
- Fat: 20-24 gr
- Saturated Fat: 13-14 gr
- Carbohydrates: 45-47 gr
- Fiber: 2-3 gr
- Protein: 14-15 gr
- Cholesterol: 60-65 mg