- 1/4 Cup Vodka
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Triple Sec
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (1/2 large lemon)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (see below)
- Lemon sugar, for glass rim
SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE:
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
TO MAKE LEMON SUGAR:
- Add sugar to a plate then zest a little lemon on top. Rub the zest into the sugar with your fingers until combined.
TO MAKE THE LEMON DROP:
- Moisten the rim of a chilled martini glass with lemon, turn the glass upside down and twist into the lemon sugar, set aside.
- Add vodka, triple sec, lemon juice, simple syrup and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds or until very cold. Pour into the prepared martini glass and serve immediately.
TO MAKE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Cool then store in an airtight container, in the fridge, up to
TO MAKE BY THE PITCHER (4 glasses):
1 Cup Vodka, 1/4 Cup Triple Sec, 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/4 Cup Simple Syrup
- Serving Size: 1