These delicious smoked salmon and whipped cream cheese cups are perfect for brunch, bridal showers, and other festive gatherings.
Smoky, delicate salmon is layered between a light and fluffy whipped cream cheese and capers for a beautiful and SIMPLE balanced dip or spread. Can be served in 2,3 or 5 oz glass cups or on a decorative spoon.
Each bite gets a little smoky flavor from the salmon, salt from the capers and the cream cheese and heavy cream are a cross between cheese cake and a light cream cheese frosting.
Simple crackers or breadsticks go well with this dip. Try some Melba toast for a deeper cracker or the Everything cracker with seeds and extra flavor.
A clean drink, such as a crisp white wine, a Lemon Drop Martini or the Santaclausmopolitan would pair well with smoked salmon. Try to avoid anything too heavy such as a lager beer. It will bring down and muddle the flavor of the salmon.
This recipe yields 4 (5 oz) cups. However, smaller 2 or 3 oz cups may be used or even decorative spoons to increase the yield or just to make smaller portion sizes. Links to all the cups, spoons, pastry bags and tasting spoons are provided in the recipe card for your convenience.
How long does smoked salmon dip last in the fridge?
SIMPLE Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Dip
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 - 5oz. cups 1x
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 oz. Smoked salmon, chopped
- ¼ Cup Capers, well drained
- Chives, for garish
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream and sugar to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop the whipped cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a tip. Pipe the cream cheese into the bottom of each cup until about ¼ full, being sure to fill in the corners. Then add a layer of the chopped smoked salmon and one teaspoon of the drained capers.
- Repeat this process one more time and then conclude with a final layer of whipped cream cheese and one teaspoon of capers on top.
- Garnish each cup with a couple chives and serve immediately.
This recipe calls for 5 oz. cups, yielding 4 servings. If desired, smaller 2 or 3-oz. cups (or decorative tasting spoons) would also work well with this recipe to increase the yield.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE PARTY APPETIZERS:
CHRISTMAS TREE CHEESE BOARD
MAPLE GLAZED BACON WRAPPED DATES
COLD SEAFOOD MINI PHYLLO BITES
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you.! Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!
LarishaDecember 13, 2020 at 8:41 am