These super cute jalapeño mummy poppers are as simple to make as they are cute! Jalapeño peppers are stuffed with your favorite flavored cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. They are individually wrapped in store bought crescent roll dough in a mummy wrap fashion and baked until golden brown and the cheese is warm and melted.
These mummies are sure to be the hit at your next gathering by turning a few ordinary ingredients into something extraordinary, spooky and yummy!
How to Make Jalapeño Mummy Poppers:
- Begin by washing, deseeding and deribbing the peppers. Simply slice them in half using a small sharp knife. Run your knife parallel to the popper to remove the rib portion. You can leave in as much rib and seeds as you like.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together forming one large piece. Cut into 20 even strips.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling together and spoon enough in each pepper to fill it evenly with the edges.
- Wrap them in the crescent roll
- Bake and eat!
Try making a variety of these mummy poppers with different flavored cream cheeses. This recipe calls for Jalapeño flavored, but onion and chive is a great combination also.
The eyes are edible and can be purchased in some supermarkets and certainly in craft stores. Be sure to leave enough room in the crescent dough for the eyes which are put on after baking.
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!Print
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 Cup Jalapeño flavored Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ Cup Bacon, chopped (about 5 strips)
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 pkg. Crescent Roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Half the jalapeños lengthwise with a small sharp knife and remove the ribs and seeds.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar jack, bacon, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Fill the center of a jalapeño with the cream cheese mixture (1-2 tbsp of mix per jalapeño half, depending on the size of the pepper). Repeat with the remaining peppers.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together so you have one large sheet of dough. Cut it into 20 equal size strips.
- Wrap one strip of crescent dough around each jalapeño, leaving enough space to insert the eyes once they’re baked.
- Place the poppers on the center rack in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the poppers are golden brown.
- Insert two candy eyes into the poppers— make sure to do this when they’re still hot or they won’t stick.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE FAVORITE HALLOWEEN RECIPES: