These instant pot Buffalo wings will fly right off the plate. They’re so tender, they’ll melt in your mouth the second you sink your teeth into them!
This game day snack will leave everyone cheering, especially the chef since this recipe is super easy to make!
Thanks to your Instant pot, the Buffalo wings will be ready in just 35 minutes. They’re bursting with so much flavor, they’ll taste like they’ve been simmering in a slow cooker for hours! Don’t worry if you are unfamiliar with preparing wings in the Instant Pot, step by step instructions are included below.
Don’t want to miss the game? Don’t worry! These Buffalo wings can be precooked ahead of time. Simply place the cooked wings on a plate and either refrigerate or place on the counter until your guests arrive. Then when wing time calls, simply toss the wings in our delicious Buffalo sauce recipe and either broil them or grill until crispy, caramelized and golden.
Chicken wings are the perfect game day go-to snack, but they also make an incredible main dish. Serve them with different sauces like honey mustard, teriyaki, or some Garlic Aioli sauce. Just don’t be surprised if they get devoured in seconds!Print
- 4–4½ Lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Water
- Sliced celery, carrots, Blue Cheese or Ranch, for serving
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Frank’s Original hot sauce
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Sprinkle the wings with the garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Place the metal trivet inside the Instant Pot® and add 1 cup of water. Arrange the seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and adjust the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
- While the wings cook, whisk the Frank’s hot sauce, melted butter, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When done cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove lid and transfer the wings to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the buffalo sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat this process.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately with sliced celery, carrots and the remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.
Cook time includes pressure release time.
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings
MORE FAVORITE GAME DAY RECIPES:
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment below. We’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to subscribe to SIMPLE PARTY FOOD to get a weekly email with our latest recipes. You can also FOLLOW us on Facebook and Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!