Jazz up your BBQ with a simple chicken marinade that takes almost no prep. Despite being an incredible source of protein, chicken breasts can get really boring sometimes, especially if you only sprinkle salt and pepper and pop them on the grill.
But you can easily infuse some flavor this summer with this flavorful chicken marinade that comes together in a flash.
How to make a SIMPLE Chicken Marinade
- Whisk together fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, olive oil, fresh or dry oregano, parsley, basil, garlic, a dash of brown sugar, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken inside a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the entire thing.
- Let it chill for no more than 2 hours in the refrigerator. Any longer and the citrus will begin to break down the chicken giving it a gummy texture.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature and get them onto a hot grill.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (8 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until completely combined
- Add chicken to large resealable bag
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal
- Place in refrigerator to chill up to 4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes
- Cook on grill or in oven