- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (plus the ingredients listed on the box)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: crushed nuts, sea salt flakes, or chocolate shavings
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the box, combining the mix with the required ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for the recommended time, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely.
- While the brownies are cooling, it’s time to make the luscious chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it simmers. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, butter, vanilla extract, and salt to the saucepan. Let it sit for a minute to allow the heat to melt the chocolate.
- After a minute, whisk the mixture until smooth and glossy, ensuring that all the chocolate and butter have melted completely. Set the ganache aside to cool for a few minutes, allowing it to thicken slightly.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pour the chocolate ganache over the top, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Let the ganache set for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, you can sprinkle crushed nuts, sea salt flakes, or chocolate shavings over the ganache.