An easy to make DELICIOUS homemade mousse that can be made and chilled in time for dessert tonight!
- 2½ Cups Heavy cream, divided
- 8 oz. High-quality Semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- ¼ Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream with chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chips have melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs along with the sugar with a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 3-minutes. While mixing, begin to slowly add the cooled melted chocolate mixture to the bowl, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Once the mixture is completely combined, pour the mixture back into the same pan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove the mousse from heat and cool slightly before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, whip the remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the chilled chocolate into the whipped cream until thoroughly combined. The mixture should have a fluffy consistency.
- When ready to serve, spoon the chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe into small dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries if desired.