- 1 container real lump crab meat (8 oz)
- 1 package Jiffy Cornbread mix
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp hot sauce (or Sriracha)
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Sauté the onion and pepper in a Tablespoon of oil until softened. Add the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Let cool.
- Add the cooled onions/peppers/garlic to the bowl and gently combine together with a rubber spatula.
- Using damp hands, scoop a little more than a Tablespoon into the palm of your hands and roll into a ball. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add enough oil to cover the balls in a small saucepan and heat to 350°F – add a few crab balls at a time until they turn a light golden brown all over.
- Place the crab bites on a cooling rack with paper towels below and continue until all crab bites are cooked.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve