Indulge your wild side with our copycat Crunchwrap Supreme recipe – because Taco Bell dreams are made of seasoned beef, gooey nacho cheese, and that crispy tostada crunch, all wrapped up your way!
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 packet Taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 Cup water
- 1 Cup Refried beans
- 6 Large Flour tortillas
- 6 Tostada shells
- 1 1/2 Cups Nacho cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 Cups Diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Sour cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Gather Your Ingredients: Assemble everything you need: flour tortillas, ground beef (or a meat alternative), taco seasoning, nacho cheese sauce, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, tostada shells, and vegetable oil.
- Cook the Ground Beef: Brown the ground beef in a skillet, adding taco seasoning for flavor. Drain any excess fat. (TIP: Pulse the ground beef in a food processor until tiny before adding the seasoning for that perfect Taco Bell texture!)
- Prepare Tostada Shells: Heat the tostada shells in the oven ata 350°F until they become crispy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Assemble the Crunchwrap: Take a large flour tortilla and place it on a clean surface. In the center of the tortilla, add a generous spoonful of nacho cheese sauce.
- Add the Beef: Place a spoonful of the seasoned ground beef on top
- Layer with Tostada Shell: Carefully place a crispy tostada shell on top of the beef and cheese.
- Sour Cream Layer: Spread a dollop of sour cream over the tostada shell.
- Veggies Galore: Sprinkle shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes on top of the sour cream.
- Wrap and Fold: Now comes the fun part. Begin folding the edges of the flour tortilla over the layered ingredients, creating a hexagonal shape. Fold one side, then move on to the next, and so forth, until it’s fully sealed.
- Heat and Serve: In a heated skillet with a bit of vegetable oil, place the wrapped Crunchwrap seam-side down. Cook until it’s golden brown and crispy on each side.
- Serve Hot: Once your Crunchwrap Supreme is beautifully crispy and golden, remove it from the skillet. Let it cool for a moment, then serve it hot!
Secret Ingredient Tip: Want that super small, crumbly ground beef texture just like Taco Bell’s? Here’s a pro tip: cook the ground beef, drain and pulse in a food processor for a few seconds. This technique helps break it down into tiny, taco-perfect pieces, giving you that authentic Taco Bell experience right at home. It’s the secret to achieving that signature, crave-worthy texture!