- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth. Add the milk and vanilla, and mix well to combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt using either a sifter or fine mesh strainer. Stir until combined with the wet ingredients and a soft dough is formed.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough at a time, and shape into a ball. Roll the ball in the powdered sugar very generously, covering all sides. The more powdered sugar, the prettier the cookies will be.
- Press the cookie down using your hand and place them onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they are puffed and cracked and the edges have begun to set. They will appear slightly undercooked and soft but will firm up as they cool. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1