- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar or ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 8–10 mint leaves
- Champagne, enough to fill the glass (about ¼ cup)
- Add the bourbon, superfine sugar, and mint leaves to a shaker. Muddle the mint with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon for 30 seconds, or until the mint leaves have broken up and the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain the bourbon mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with champagne and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serving Size: 1