- 8–10 quarts water
- (2) Louisiana or Zatarain’s brand seafood-boil seasoning pouches
- 1/3 Cup Sea Salt (NOT TABLE salt)
- 4 Lemons (2 for cooking, 2 for serving)
- 2 Onions, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 pound Small Red Potatoes, cut in half
- 6 Ears Corn, broken in half or thirds
- 2 pounds Smoked Sausage (kielbasa or andouille), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 pounds Jumbo Shrimp (shrimp can be deveined with the tails on)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Old Bay Seasoning (for sprinkling)
- Fill a VERY large pot with 8-10 quarts of water. Cut 2 lemons into quarters and squeeze into the water, along with rinds. Add onion, garlic and seafood seasoning to water and bring the water to boil.
- Add cut potatoes to the water and cook until just barely fork tender (8-10 min). Add the corn and sausage, cook another 5-6 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- Drain and place all ingredients onto a large baking sheet.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Whisk in a pinch of salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- Pour 1/2 of the butter over the shrimp and stir to coat. (Save the rest of the butter for serving)
- Garnish with parsley and lemons.
- Sprinkle with some Old Bay seafood seasoning to taste, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4-6