Many Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes you will find on the internet call for Buffalo sauce. This recipe is the original recipe from Franks hot sauce. There are only 6 ingredients required to make a dip your guests will love and remember.
No football party is complete without Buffalo Wings. It’s a know fact. But dips have their place at the big game too! And here at Simple Party Food, we LOVE our dips. I mean, who doesn’t? We’ve got bean dips, shrimp dips, Spinach and Artichoke dips … it’s endless!
If you are one of the few people in existence who hasn’t had Buffalo Chicken Dip we can only categorize it as insanely delicious! It’s a creamy hot cheese dip with bits of shredded chicken that gets baked until it’s utterly ridiculous. Some people can eat this dip at room temperature, but we suggest and prefer it to be piping hot!
What’s In Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Shredded or cut up chicken (we like things simple – we’ve used both a Rotisserie chicken from the store as well as frozen Perdue chicken short cuts)
- Blue Cheese Dressing (if you or guests detest Blue Cheese, you can sub Ranch)
- Franks Hot Sauce
- Cheese – full fat cream cheese and a shredded blend. We like Mont Jack for this, but Mexican works great too!
TIPS FOR MAKING THEE BEST BUFFALO DIP:
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Use store bought chicken
- Use Franks hot sauce only
- Make right before serving, this cannot be frozen.
SIMPLE Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
An utterly insane dip with shredded chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese (or Ranch) and shredded cheese that’s baked until piping hot. Serve with tortilla chips, bread and/or celery sticks.
- ½ cup Blue Cheese dressing
- ½ cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup Franks red hot sauce
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag Perdue chicken shortcuts, cooked
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and place in a large bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine
- Spray a 1 qt. baking dish with cooking spray and add the chicken dip
- Bake at 350 F covered for 15 min and then uncovered for another 10 min
- Serve with tortilla chips, bread, pretzels
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 159
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Fat: 14.9
- Saturated Fat: 6.9
- Carbohydrates: 1.7
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 6.2
- Cholesterol: 38 mg