Everybody loves a classic Moscow Mule! But if you’re in the mood for something a bit more refreshing, try this twist on the all-time classic cocktail.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries along with the lime juice until the berries are smashed down. Then, fill up about 3/4 with ice and add the ginger beer, vodka, and syrup. Then shake, shake, shake until it’s all mixed.
Using a strainer, divide the drink into 4 glasses. You can also use champagne flutes. Top off your drinks with bubbly champagne or Prosecco. Decorate with fresh blueberries and mint, or garnish to your liking.
Don’t have any fresh berries? Try using frozen ones or replace them with strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
This Blackberry Champagne Moscow Mule is the perfect way to celebrate the weekend or to whip up when you’re expecting guests. Plus, this sparkling drink is so delightful, it will have everyone coming back for seconds!Print
- 1/2 Cup Blackberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Fresh Lime juice
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Ginger beer
- 2–3 Tablespoons Simple syrup *
- Chilled champagne (or prosecco)
- Lime & mint wedges, for serving
- Place the blackberries and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the berries to release their juice.
- Fill 3/4 with ice. Add the vodka, ginger beer, and desired amount of simple syrup. Shake well.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and using the strainer, divide the mixture between 4 glasses or champagne flutes.
- Top with champagne or Proseco.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a few extra blackberries.
To make simple syrup – combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Bring to a quick boil and take it off the heat once all the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serving Size: 1