- 1 (16 oz) can SEASONED Black Beans, drained and placed on paper towels to dry
- 1/2 Cup FINELY diced Onion
- 1/3 Cup FINELY diced Bell Pepper (red, yellow or green)
- 1 Tablespoon FINELY diced Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Carrot, chopped
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Drain the beans in a colander in the sink. Line a baking sheet with paper towels and lay the beans on it. Blot dry. Set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a Tablespoon of oil in a small skillet. Add the onions and peppers and sauté until softened, 5-7 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add the garlic, cook one minute more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor add the carrot, egg, parsley, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Whirl to combine. Add the onions and lastly the beans and quickly use the PULSE button until desired texture. These burgers hold up best when the beans are NOT pulverized.
- Form into 2 EXTRA LARGE or 3 regular sized patties and place the burgers in the freezer for a min of 1 hour to firm up.
HOW TO COOK:
- Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 12–15 minutes, flipping once.
- Stovetop: Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat, add the patties and cook 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully flip patties and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high heat, on GREASED grill, place patties and cook 4-5 minutes, carefully flip and cook another 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned and/or charred. NOTE: Burgers must be frozen in order not to fall apart on the grill.
- TOPPING IDEAS: Guacamole, Red Onion, Lettuce, Spinach, Avocado, Tomatoes, Aioli sauce