If ever there was The Easiest Dessert To Make Award, it would go to these 10 Minute Cinnamon and Sugar Churros!
They are light, they are fluffy, but best of all, they have that cinnamon sugar coating everyone loves.
Churros are another name for Mexican Cruller, or a type of donut. Only our churros have a little twist. They aren’t made with dough and fried. These churros are made using premade puff pastry instead of making dough.
They are also baked instead of the traditional frying method. This saves calories, a messy kitchen and time.
Serve these with a chocolate dipping sauce or raspberry preserves.Print
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
- 4 oz Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450° F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it in half lengthwise, then cut into 1″ wide strips
- Transfer the pastry to the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Meanwhile combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and melt the butter in another bowl
- While the churros are still warm roll them in the melted butter and then the cinnamon/sugar. Roll quickly, do not soak the churros in the butter
- Continue until they are all coated
- To make the sauce, heat the heavy cream and pour over the chocolate, let it sit for 1 min, then stir. Do not make the sauce until ready to serve
- Serving Size: 1