When you were a kid, there was no better way to warm up during the winter than with a nice cup of hot cocoa. But now that you’re an adult, you can elevate your chocolate game and make your own homemade hot cocoa mix from scratch.
Making hot cocoa mix at home just couldn’t be easier! Plus, you only need 4 ingredients to make it:
- instant dry milk
- powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- granulated sugar.
Sift the powdered sugar, instant dry milk, and cocoa powder first, and then whisk in the granulated sugar until all the ingredients are well combined. The instructions are pretty forward, but we added a recipe card for you to print out.
Now you have the base to make all kinds of hot chocolate mix desserts and treats! Simply store the mix in an air tight container for when you are ready to make some chocolatey deliciousness.
In the mood for something extra chocolatey to indulge in? Use this homemade hot cocoa mix to make a decadent cup of creamy hot chocolate along with some of these hot cocoa chocolate cookies and enjoy without judgment.Print
- 2 Cups Instant dry milk
- 2 Cups Powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
For Peppermint Hot Cocoa add a of peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, sift the powdered sugar. Sift the instant dry milk on top of powdered sugar. Sift cocoa powder on top. Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Whisk in granulated sugar until well combined.
- Store in airtight container or jar for up to 3 months.
- To make hot cocoa, add 1/3 cup of mix in a mug, stir in 1 cup warm milk, add toppings of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1
MORE HOT COCOA RECIPES:
Salted caramel hot cocoa bombs