Throw away that glaze packet! Our simple glaze requires only a few fresh ingredients which bring out the natural flavor of the ham without over powering it.
- 8–10 pound spiral ham
For the Glaze:
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground cloves
- Remove ham from refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze.
- Bring the glaze to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the ham in large roasting pan cut side down and brush about ½ of the glaze over the ham.
- Wrap with foil or cover tightly with a roasting lid.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 135°F (the ham will continue to cook out of the oven to a final temperature of 145°F.
- Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil.
- Brush remaining glaze over ham, be sure to get in between slices
- Return to the oven and continue cooking 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and loosely wrap with foil and let rest 15 minutes before serving.